Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Big, bang fizzle...

So my blog really started out like a fire cracker, a big BOOM...and then a fizzle...

I've been doing so many things that are actually blog worthy that I haven't had time to blog about them (this is a good thing). I still have lots of unfinished projects, such as the boy's Lego table (just have to glue the bases on), the Craigslist china hutch (have the primer, will probably get the paint tomorrow), and the ongoing saga of my decluttering (in my defense, this is a HUGE project and I have made 4 thrift store dumps in the past month).

In the midst of all this I have gotten a J.O.B. That's right, I'm a workin' woman now. It just so happens that the job is at one of my all time favorite places-Tarjay. Yes, I am one of THEM:


I work in the logistics department on the flow team. For all you lay persons out there, I'm a stock person. It's not nearly as glamorous as it sounds but, believe it or not, I enjoy it. I've always enjoyed (mostly) physical labor and I really am just using it as a means to get my foot in the door at a company that I would like to work for.

I managed to pull off a baby shower for my eldest daughter who is expecting my first grandbaby in April. It's still so bizarre to think that I'm going to be a grandma but it's all good, I'm going to be the coolest grandma this world has ever seen.
 
For the baby shower I actually followed through on some cute Pinterest ideas:
 

 
This is a Wishing Tree. See the cute zebra tag hanging on the left? Guests left wishes for the baby on them and hung them on the tree. They will go in her baby book as a reminder of all the awesome friends who came and their wishes for her. All I did was spray paint a branch the gardeners had chopped off and put it in a pot I wasn't using. The pink stuff around the bottom of it is Easter basket filler from Joann's (not the grass stuff, the kids actually thought it was cotton candy lol).
 
 
The cheetah print water bottles are just Arrowhead bottles wrapped with Duct tape from Target.
While I didn't follow through on ALL the cool things I wanted to do for the shower, we had a good time and I count it as a success.
 
 
Another big success that has happened over the past three weeks is that I finally have the boy sleeping in his own bed. Those of you who know me and him, you know this is huge. The hubby is always traveling for work so I've always just caved and let the kids crowd me out of my own bed. No more I tell ya!
 
Well, since I don't have to work tomorrow I can let myself stay up and waste time on the internet (love that place). Now that I've gotten my blog fix, I hear a dumb Facebook game calling my name.
 
Peace out.

1 comment:

  1. Pinterest is such a great resource. The water bottles turned out really cute! I've got some sparkly pink yarn laying around- I'll try to knit up a baby hat before your granddaughter arrives. Can't believe we're old enough to be saying that, :p

    ReplyDelete