Saturday, December 29, 2012

Twentyfive by 2014

While contemplating change and resolutions I'm realizing that there aren't any clear-cut "resolutions" I can make. Sure, I can resolve to quit smoking, but I'm not ready to let that nasty habit go yet. And honestly, smoking is a release and a crutch for me. I think if I could clean up other aspects of my life in order to lesson the stress, then quitting smoking would just follow. So instead of a list of resolutions, I will make a list of 25 things that I would like to accomplish or change in my life by the end of 2013 and my resolution will be to keep my eyes on these goals and to finish things I start.

So, the 25 things that I would like to change or accomplish in 2013 are:

1. Never go to bed with a dirty kitchen.
2. Make my bed every  morning.
3. Start and maintain a skin care regime.
4. Create and maintain chore charts for the kids entire family.
5. Fold and put away laundry at least by the end of the day it was washed.
6. Be able to park my car in the garage.
7. Finish at least ONE TWO of my unfinished cross-stitch projects.
8. Complete at least one scrapbook.
9. Set up and stick to a family budget.
10. Cut our credit card debt by 1/3.
11. Volunteer as a family in a soup kitchen, or other such endeavor.
12. Blog at least weekly.
13. Plant a patio garden.
14. Paint the interior of the house.
15. Hang the pictures and shelves that have been waiting for almost 3 years for the painting to be done.
16. Install closet systems in bedroom closets.
17. Replace downstairs curtains (possibly with blinds).
18. Sort the piles of pictures into the specially made box I bought 5 years ago.
19. Cook a full meal for the family at LEAST twice a week.
20. Coach one of the kids in soccer.
21. Go on a family vacation.
22. Learn how to shoot.
23. Paint Grandma's dresser and desk.
24. Go on a family fishing trip.
25. Learn how to crochet.

I reserve the right to add or remove things as time goes on. The biggest obstacles I see myself having are my tendency to not finish what I start and the times I falter in my struggle with depression which in turn kills my motivation and obscures my view of the light at the end of the tunnel.

Holy crap. Is it really almost 2013? Shouldn't we have flying cars and robot maids by now?

No comments:

Post a Comment