Thursday, December 27, 2012

Contemplating Change

I haven't made a New Year's resolution in years. I used to make them. But every year it was the same thing-make the resolution, fail at keeping the resolution, beat self up for failing yet again. Eventually I decided they were a waste of my time.

But with another New Year upon us, I've been doing some thinking. Did I give up making resolutions because I'm weak? Was it a cop-out?

A few weeks ago my husband chuckled and called me a "multi-starter". I chuckled back at him and made light of it but I've gotta tell you, I haven't been able to forget it. It's the truth, I'm a multi-starter. I have boxes of partially done cross-stitch projects, half finished scrap book pages, even sketch books with drawings started and never finished. Our house is always a mess, clutter is always everywhere, and I waste at least an hour a day looking for something. I've always got big plans for the next big thing that's going to turn my life around and make me the super-mom-wife-crafty-Martha Stewart wannabe that I so wanna be.

So now I'm contemplating change. Not the "here's my list of things I'm going to change starting right now" list of resolutions, real change. The kind of change that starts slow, one thing at a time. But what one thing do I start with?

They say it takes 28 days to establish a new habit.


No comments:

Post a Comment