Sunday, January 6, 2013

Motivation

I've got me some in spades.

Now I just have to hold on to it.

I'm not sure where it came from but it started a couple of weeks ago when I became determined to pull off the greatest Minecraft themed birthday party ever for my son who turns 8 on the 14th. As popular as Minecraft is, there are no "pre-made" party supplies readily available. Sure, I found some in Etsy shops but I wasn't about to pay someone $15 for a PDF file of an invite they made in MS Word out of text boxes that I still had to print out. So I suppose making the invite got my motivation rolling.

The invite:

Well, it didn't translate well from Word doc on my Mac to Paint on my PC, saved as a JPEG then sent back to my Mac so I could upload it as a picture. Anyway, Brandon is thrilled to death with his invites and you get the gist.

The next party thing that I'm working on are cardboard blockheads of the various characters that the party goers can wear on their heads. These I have found online to purchase but they're upwards of $19.99 and I just know I can make my own. Here's a pic of a "Creeper" head from online:


I just need a few more square-shaped boxes of about head size and I'm ready to roll. After brainstorming all the various ways that I could make this, I decided to buy a Recollections square punch from Michael's and get to using up all the card stock I've been hoarding for years (Steve is so proud of me). I will then use spray adhesive to glue the 1 3/4" squares to the box to get the pixellated affect you see here.


The more squares I punch the more I'm realizing that just finishing one of these is going to be quite time consuming. I'll let you know how it comes out. The birthday boy might be the only creeper running around.

And since my blog is supposed to be about my battle with clutter (with some craftiness thrown in), my next post will be about a crafty-organizing quick venture with a bunch of these:


(Stock photo because my Mac isn't letting me upload pics from my camera)

and a shoe box. It will actually be my first follow-through on something I pinned on Pinterest.

I know you're dying of anticipation.


No comments:

Post a Comment