Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Is there any bigger waste of time than the last week of school?

I guarantee that 99.9% of parents of school-age children have wondered this. The other .01% are just, well, delusional.

My kids' last day of school is this Friday. They quit doing homework a week ago. The 7th grader has turned in all her books. Attendance awards were given out today.

So why in the hell do I have to suffer through bedtime for the rest of this week? I'm ready to toss away all pretense of being super mom and let my children stay up until they pass out in order to avoid bedtime. My kids are pretty darn good kids right up until the words "It's time to get ready for bed" pass my lips, then all hell breaks loose and they turn into demon spawn.

You know teachers are thinking the same damn thing.  They're just as sick of our kids as we are of fighting the homework fight and pretending like our kids have an 8 pm bedtime.

I'd keep them home for the rest of the week but if I have to get up for work, I may as well be dragging their asses out of bed also.

No comments:

Post a Comment